It is always important for kids to be careful whenever they are connected to the internet and as an extension of this it is also important for leaders to understand the importance of digital awareness in their roles.
The National Safe Church Unit is partnering with the Office of the eSafety Commissioner to hold an Online Safety Webinar to Youth Leaders and adults involved in youth activities.
This session will be focusing on:
- current technology trends and issues for young people
- the online environment and safe interactions with children and young people
- managing risks and supporting young people in a youth group environment
- eSafety resources for youth leaders
- information points within the Uniting Church in Australia
The webinar will be held on Friday, 11 March 2022 from 12pm – 1pm.
Register here to make sure you have the skills to support young people safely online!
For further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ofa Foiakau is the Field Officer (Central/West) and Youth/High School ministry lead as a part of the PULSE team.