Build it and they will come
The PULSE team are passionate about providing opportunities for young people of the Synod to gather – and we’d love you to partner with us.
As a part of PULSE’s ‘rite of passage’ strategy this year we’re filling the gaps.
Our late primary schoolers can participate in Kid’s Camp Out and get their first taste of what it’s like to be a part of a church that’s bigger than the one they go to every Sunday. To start to build friendships with other young people who want to be more like Jesus and maybe even get their first taste of camping out overnight. It also provides some initial training for high school-aged leaders who are just starting out testing how they can be in ministry too.
At the other end we’ve also got our Young Adults Retreat, bringing together 18-30-ish aged people within the church in January each year to be in community and prepare for what God has in store for us as the year looms large.
Now that we appear to have COVID-19 somewhat in hand, it’s time to fill the gaps with the missing pieces…
SAVE THE DATE | September Camp 2021!
For high schooler students in years 7-11 (or equivalent) we’re putting together a 4 day gathering at our UCA campsite at Elanora that will be big on community, big on worship, and big on being more like Jesus.
Our focus for this camp is to encourage our high schoolers to grow as disciples of Jesus, understanding what it may cost, and getting pumped about living a life that shows their friends and the world that Jesus is making a difference in their lives.
How can you help?
- Get your youth group or high school aged young people to block out in their calendar the first week of the September holidays.
- Start thinking about how they as a group can raise funds to come (it’s gonna cost some $, and there will be sponsorship and support available). Car washes? Fundraiser nights? Everything is on the table.
- PRAY for the event. There’s lots to plan and we can’t wait to tell you all about it! Also maybe pray for a way your youth group might be able to support others to come as well? Perhaps your group could sponsor others?
- If you don’t have any young people get talking about how you might be able to partner with congregation that does and support/sponsor them to come to September Camp. Hit up your Presbytery too!
- Are you a young adult and want to come along as a small group or activity leader? WE NEED YOU! Start praying, start saving, and hit me up with your passion and gifts.
(If you’re in Year 12 you can come if you’d like, though we figure you might have a bit on your hands study-wise…we’ve also prepared a camp just for you!)
We’re really looking forward to seeing you and your youth group/young people there!
SAVE THE DATE | HSC Lock-In 2021
Yep, it’s definitely happening this year. We reckon. Don’t roll your eyes at me like that.
It’s a dedicated study camp for year 12 students studying for their HSC/IB exams, held Tue-Fri in the last week of the holidays at our incredible UCA campsite Naamaroo (near Chatswood).
There will be nearly 30 hours of dedicated study time, including hosted tutorials and practice exams, as well as a holistic approach to relaxation, community, and connection with the UCA University chaplains and mission workers. ALSO there will be lots of great food, and sweet, sweet, necessary, excellent, life-giving coffee.
How can you help?
- Find your year 12’s (dig them out from under their books?) and get them pumped for this brilliant opportunity to prepare for their HSC/IB exams.
- Consider your church sponsoring them, or fundraising to help them attend!
- Are you a senior high school teacher (or do you know one) that might be available to come and present a tutorial or mark some practice exams? Do you have a few hours or a day spare you could come and supervise while our year 12s study (and the leadership team run around making sure everything is organised)? We’d love to have you involved.
- PRAY for the event. We’d love. to have year 12 students come from across the state, and that can mean travel challenges and cost and all sorts of things. Pray that as they study our students have clear minds and full hearts so they can’t lose!
Come along for good study, great support, fantastic community, awesome food, and did I mention the coffee?
REGISTRATIONS FOR BOTH CAMPS OPEN SOON!
Remember you can keep in touch with PULSE by signing up for our monthly newsletter, or for further information contact our team via email, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Molk is the Senior Field Officer (North), and Young Adult ministry leader as a part of the PULSE team.