Uniting Earth are standing alongside First Nations communities, school students, unions, faith groups and many more on September 25 as part of the Global Day of Action where there will be COVID safe actions across towns, suburbs, schools, and workplaces across Australia.
Ways to support young climate leaders and build a better future:
Before September 25 –
- Join the Uniting Advocacy online briefing session
There are 2 online briefings that will give an overview to Australia’s national energy use and the importance of switching to renewable energy, give space for Uniting Church leaders to share their climate concerns and climate change actions as part of the churches mission and faith, provide training and guidance on how to take action by yourself or with others, and help build connections with others who share the same climate concerns.
Click on one of the 2 dates to register for this online briefing
Tuesday 15th September – 10am – 11.30am
Wednesday 16th September – 7pm – 8.30pm
- Join the Common Grace online prayer vigil in support of the day of action on September 24
- Write a letter to your Federal Member of Parliament
On the day, September 25 –
- Participate in the September 25 Build Our Future action
- Display a “Fund Our Future Not Gas” sign
- Take a photo of your signs and post on social media with the hashtags #BuildOurFuture and #TurnOffTheGas and #uniting4climate
- Photo’s posted online can also be sent to the Uniting Advocacy team to share on their social medias
- Support young people in your local area
Check if there is a “Build Our Future” event in your area and join if you are able to, COVID restrictions permitting
Ofa Foiakau is the Field Officer (Central/West), and responsible for youth/high school ministry as a part of the PULSE team.