Lord’s Prayer Tracing Cross | Another Lent Resource
As Lent approaches it’s important to offer ourselves fresh opportunities to connect with God. It is an important part of the Christian calendar to prepare us for the journey to the cross and resurrection.
The Lord’s Prayer Tracing Cross is much more than a craft – it is a spiritual practice that everyone can do.
The idea is simple: using the tracing cross as a guide, you say the Lord’s Prayer while moving your finger along the outside of the cross, touching each phrase of the prayer as you go.
The visual and tactile nature of the tracing cross creates a special experience of prayer.
There are many ways to invite people at your church to join in using the Lord’s Prayer Tracing Cross. Use it for SRE, Kids Church, Messy Church or even in your family service.
- Download the Lord’s Prayer Tracing Cross here.
- Print the tracing cross pattern on colour card stock.
- Glue the tracing cross to a piece of scrapbook paper that is cut slightly larger than cross.
- Cut and add an additional cross on top. This cross can be a complementing color/pattern. See image below.
- Laminate the entire project.
- Optional: Punch a hole in the top corner and insert key ring or add ribbon loop.
The Lord’s Prayer Tracing Cross comes from Krista Lovell, who was a panelist at a BuildFaith webinar “Planning for Lent.”
Krista is a PCUSA Certified Educator who has served congregations large and small over the past 35 years.
This resource comes from BuildFaith.org